Re: Observing M-Objects

George Reynolds

Kent, I love it! You did especially well on M57 and M101!  :-)

George

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 15:10, preciousmyprecious via groups.io
<preciousmyprecious@...> wrote:
Haha, good one Kent. You had me,... except I was wondering why you were calling them "M" objects and some I thought you somehow miraculously got them through the light pollution. There I go again putting you on a pedestal.

Carpe Noctem
Bill McLean

On Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:16:49 PM EDT, Kent Blackwell <kent@...> wrote:

After looking at the moon and planets with their telescopes amateur astronomer desire to see other objects. Most all of us like to look for deep sky objects, the better ones called "M" objects. Most are faint but the challenge lies in seeing them. Examples include M 1 (The Crab Nebula), M 5 (a globular cluster in the constellation Serpens), M 57 (The Ring Nebula) and M 31 (The Andromeda Galaxy). Normally a dark sky is required to see these. I was not only able to see them but to also photograph numerous "M" objects during my 3 day visit to Manhattan in NYC. Here is my picture of some New York City M-objects.