Re: Observing M-Objects

charles jagow

Have you started the Big-Apple Messier List yet?

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Kent Blackwell <kent@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 at 10:16 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Observing M-Objects

After looking at the moon and planets with their telescopes amateur astronomer desire to see other objects. Most all of us like to look for deep sky objects, the better ones called "M" objects. Most are faint but the challenge lies in seeing them. Examples include M 1 (The Crab Nebula), M 5 (a globular cluster in the constellation Serpens), M 57 (The Ring Nebula) and M 31 (The Andromeda Galaxy). Normally a dark sky is required to see these. I was not only able to see them but to also photograph numerous "M" objects during my 3 day visit to Manhattan in NYC. Here is my picture of some New York City M-objects.

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512