Re: Boardwalk Astronomy June 15 2021

Ted Forte

I’ll echo Chuck – of all the BBAA outreach events I did, I think I miss the Boardwalk events most of all.  I wish I could get to them but it’s about a ten day round trip! And with my luck it would rain.

Ted

From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kent Blackwell
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 9:03 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Boardwalk Astronomy June 15 2021

Last night’s Boardwalk Astronomy was successful.  The skies were clear and the sea breezes gentle. Although the crowd wasn’t as large as previous years 350-400 tourist and locals alike stopped by to peer through our telescopes. There were about a dozen telescopes. I set yo my 80mm f/8 refractor. The eyepiece is low to the ground for the comfort of kids to look at the moon. It was so nice seeing club members “in person” again and I look forward to the following months at one of the best outreach programs we offer.