Re: Solar report

charles jagow

Saw and imaged them both

From: <BackBayAstro@groups.io> on behalf of Kent Blackwell <kent@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 7:18 AM
To: <BackBayAstro@groups.io>
Subject: [BackBayAstro] Solar report

The partial eclipse is Thursday morning from sunrise until 6:25am EDT. Unless it's raining (some have predicted so) Robert Hitt and I plan to be on the boardwalk.
There are a small group of sunspots working their way westward to they should be visible in telescopes during the entire eclipse.
In H-alpha light a tall prominence is currently visible.

Who remembers seeing partial eclipses at both the 2013 and 2014 ECSP? Wow, that was really special. One was at sunrise, the other at sunset. Attached are two reduced file pictures I took of both events.

Kent

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers

Rott'n Paws Observatory

    N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512