Re: Object in southern sky

jimcoble2000

A friend just sent a picture of a high altitude weather balloon and it looks like what Kent and I saw through the binoculars last night so I guess the satellite idea may not be right. Still no aliens thoughEmojiEmoji

On Sunday, May 16, 2021, 12:27:31 PM EDT, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Or was the two ISS passes Friday night? I am burned out....................

On Sunday, May 16, 2021, 11:43:27 AM EDT, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

That was an amazing observation last night (I assume you are speaking of that). I have never seen anything liike it in 50 years+ of observing. I thought for a moment it was Venus but could not figure out for the life of me how it got there or why I had not seen it the night before. Then it turned a dull red in the twilight and then disappeared in the space of a minute. I understand it was a geosynchronous satellite that just caught the right reflection.

I can see where a lot of Alien spacecraft reports come from. I can't speak to abduction as I am too poor a specimen to collect being somewhat weak of mind. Remarkable sighting. The previous night we watched TWO, count em TWO space stations orbiting very close. The ISS was in back of the Chinese station on the exact trajectory. That one had me stumped also.

Maybe they were looking for gas, or take out, or each other, or racing.................................
On Saturday, May 15, 2021, 8:10:35 PM EDT, Matthew Cook via groups.io <lt_mrcook@...> wrote:

Anyone know what the bright white object is almost due south?