Re: Congratulations on your BBAA Honorary Membership

Jeff Goldstein

Jeff,

We currently meet on Zoom (1st Thursday’s of the month).  Normally we meet at Tidewater Community College (JC12 Science Building).  I’m trying to get this confirmed so we can meet in person for the June Meeting.

We always record the meetings, too.  The last recording for May was posted on Facebook as well as BackbayAstro@groups.io

Here’s the link to our last recorded meeting: 

Topic: BBAA

Start Time : May 6, 2021 06:54 PM

Meeting Recording:

https://vccs.zoom.us/rec/share/_n5sccvp54s0ZPRaBXl9SjT5t-0UYO5Ohp0T8y_ATkolwIrjMeb_ztnqh1Wf86mS.9egHwTKgx5CdPBOz

Access Passcode: BBAA_0506

We’re trying to get more outreach events such as the Boardwalk Astronomy, but currently the Beach Manager hasn’t reported back.  I’ll keep you posted on that. 

That Boardwalk Outreach that we hold would be a great news piece for WAVY.  I hope we can get it reinstated.

There are several other events each month that we participate in such as Norfolk Botanical Garden “Garden Stars”, and Night Watch at Northwest River Park.  I’ll post this email to our group:  BackBayAstro@groups.io   I encourage you to join this email group, also.

We’re all excited about having you as a member of our club.  Thank you for all you do!

Most sincerely,

Jeff Goldstein

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 11:38 AM
To: Jeff Goldstein <jeffgold1@...>
Subject: Re: Congratulations on your BBAA Honorary Membership

Wow, thank you for the membership Jeff! I try to keep astronomy interesting the best I can in our area. I am really excited to meet everyone in the club. As you know I work the evening shows. 4/5/10/11 what time is the meeting at?

Jeff Edmondson

Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 11:40 PM
To: Jeff Edmondson
Cc:
BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: Congratulations on your BBAA Honorary Membership

Jeff,

At our last Back Bay Amateur Astronomy Club I made a motion to grant you an Honorary membership to our Astronomy Club.  You have done so much to promote Astronomy to our club and the community, we felt this nomination was very well deserved.  The motion was unanimously approved.  You assisted us in promoting the Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction a few months ago, and we were glad to share the event with the public.

Congratulations, and we hope you can join us for our club meetings on the 1st Thursday of each month.  We’re trying to go face-to-face at Tidewater Community College’s Science Building, Room JC-12 for the June meeting.  Failing that, we will continue to meet virtually via ZOOM. 

Here's the ZOOM link:  https://vccs.zoom.us/j/96840800899

Meeting ID: 968 4080 0899

Most sincerely,

Jeff Goldstein

CAUTION: This message was sent from outside the Nexstar organization. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.