White light solar observation

jimcoble2000

There are six large sunspots connected by perhaps 4 to 5 small black pores. I haven't observed in white light for a while so I broke out my 4 inch and used a mylar front filter. The best views for solar detail is my Baader Planetarium Herschel Wedge but it is over with my 5 inch scope. I sort of hesitate to use the wedge on a Petsval system though it may indeed work fine. I know it works on a triplet or doublet refractor with no harm to the scope.

BTW the wedge can only be used with a refractor and not a reflecting telescope.