2021 Boardwalk Astronomy Cancelled

Shawn Loescher

I received word today that the City of Virginia Beach has decided to not have Boardwalk Astronomy take place during 2021. Mike is hopeful that they will continue it up in 2022 instead. Having said that I want to give our club members a heads up that we will probably need to take extra club member donations again this year to help fund our scholarship funds for the upcoming school year since the money we receive for Boardwalk Astronomy is a major contributor to that fund. While I had hoped we would be able to have some of the Boardwalk events this year I encourage you to not get too discouraged though since I think we will make it through this difficult period fine.

Clear skies :)

Shawn Loescher
Back Bay Amateur Astronomers