Re: REGIONAL ASTRONOMY EVENTS IN 2021

jimcoble2000

This is so true Roy. We have had so many wonderful times it seems to go on forever but as we know nothing goes on forever. When I observe with Kent, whom I have closely observed with now for a couple of decades I find it hard to believe that one day it will  be no more but I can say it was all worth the effort.

On Thursday, March 25, 2021, 8:31:35 PM EDT, Roy Diffrient <mail@...> wrote:

It really was not clear if the Delmarva Stargazers were still a club or not, so I emailed Don Surles, one of the founding members.  Here’s his answer:

Sadly, we have folded....early in 2020 it became apparent that in person meetings were a no no...and all the original founders of DSG are getting OLDER....74-77 of deceased....vulnerable  to the Covid 19 virus....

So, we looked at the future....and all of us decided it was not a near term winner....so we decided to pay the bills and donate the remaining funds....

I hated to fold....but for everything there is a season....“

Very sad.

Roy

On Mar 25, 2021, at 12:35 PM, Ted Forte <tedforte511@...> wrote:

Their groups page is still active with recent posts. Their webmaster commented that the Web page is currently defunct but he is migrating to a new server.  I see Don Surles is still active there.   Even saw a post from Kent a few months ago!

Ted