Re: REGIONAL ASTRONOMY EVENTS IN 2021

Ian Stewart

Still going, not sure what's happening this year.

On 3/24/2021 5:58 PM, vp wrote:
Ian,
is there still a Chiefland Star Party?  I went to one many years ago (2002) and enjoyed it very much.  As you say, it is a long haul from Virginia.

George
On March 24, 2021 5:33 PM Ian Stewart <swampcolliecoffee@...> wrote:

Just to jump in here. I've been to Greenbank - great interactive program, Spruce Knob (Almost Heaven) - excellent skies when the weather cooperates but big storms when it doesn't. Staunton River - my favorite  - poorer skies than Spruce Knob but better weather and facilities. Coinjock, just miss the camaraderie there, Kent put on an excellent program. A bit of a drive but Chiefland in Florida has great facilities and some very stable skies.

Cheers

Ian