Re: REGIONAL ASTRONOMY EVENTS IN 2021

vp

Here is a link to some general information about Cherry Springs State Park near Coudersport, Pennsylvania.
Besides the Cherry Springs Star Party near the New Moon in June, there is usually another, the Black Forest Star Party, usually held near the New Moon in September.

George

On March 24, 2021 1:17 PM vp <vp@...> wrote:

Jonathan,

I too am interested in attending one or more of those events.  I have never been to Green Bank or Staunton River or any of the other ones listed.  I hope they take place this year.  The ones I am interested in are Cherry Springs, Green Bank, Almost Heaven (WV),  Staunton River, and Northern Virginia.  According to their website, Greenbank is open for pre-registration.

Here is an update on each one, as I have been able to determine thus far:

Update as of Feb 18, 2021):·
Update on the 2021 Cherry Springs Star Party:
Even on a snowy day like today it’s starting to be time to look ahead to the warmer weather of June and the 2021 Cherry Springs Star Party. While we are hoping to be able to hold a Star Party this year - we really missed everyone last year - only time will tell if we will be able to do so or not. At the current time there are no large public events allowed to be held in PA State Parks account the ongoing pandemic, so if that regulation is not relaxed we will not able to hold a party again this year. If it is relaxed, then we may be able to hold the Star Party, however it may not be our usual “full” party as there may have to be some changes to activities, rules and to the size of the party to accommodate restrictions for the health of everyone. If we are able to go ahead with an event, we will hope to open registration up for it in late March or early April. We will post updates to both this Facebook page and the Cherry Springs Star Party website as we have more information.
Clear skies to all!

_._,_._,_

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers