Re: REGIONAL ASTRONOMY EVENTS IN 2021

Jonathan Scheetz

Thanks Jim.  The Staunton event is located pretty close by and is not until October; I've heard good things about this event from some of the group members.
I'm hopeful that this one will happen and I'm going to think about attending it.  But, like you said everything is probably iffy for this year.
When the time gets closer I'll put out some feelers to see who else might be going.

One of the other ones I was interested in was the Green Bank event about which I've heard good things from the group.  But it is in July and I doubt that will come off.

The last one I was considering was the Spruce Knob WV event in September.
The skies there are rated to be very dark.  https://www.lightpollutionmap.info/#zoom=10.00&lat=38.7076&lon=-79.5878&layers=B0FFFFFTFFFFFFFFFFF
I haven't heard anything about this from any of the group members.  Does anyone have opinion on whether or not this is a good event?

Jonathan