Re: Newly published Mars Pocket Atlas

jimcoble2000

Emoji

On Saturday, March 20, 2021, 7:49:10 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Mark,

I believe that I got an email saying that my copies had shipped from Hungary, and may be here from the end of the month through the first couple of weeks or so of April. I’m not holding my breath on this one. Thanks again for the heads up.

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On Mar 20, 2021, at 19:00 40, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

Emoji Disclaimer! I have no financial interest inEmoji this! Lets race to see who gets theirs first

On Thursday, March 18, 2021, 3:20:27 PM EDT, Bird Taylor <birdtaylor@...> wrote:

Hey Mark,

Thanks. I’m followed your lead and ordered mine, too. Very nice.

Clear Dark Skies,
Bird

On Mar 18, 2021, at 09:04 43, jimcoble2000 via groups.io <jimcoble2000@...> wrote:

I noticed this nice small pocket atlas to Mars which has just been published. Inexpensive, it looks like a very nice atlas of features and albedo features (what you see in a telescope). We won't get another shot at Mars for a couple of years but, as those of you who looked at Mars this superb year know, a good guide is hard to find and makes observing more fun.

These books normally do not have long printings and often command large prices after they go out of print. Just see how much a spiral bound pocket sky atlas will set you back now on Amazon. Or the excellent Lunar book "The Modern Moon" . I think I bought it for 30 or so dollars and it is my go to guide. Now it goes for a couple hundred on the used market.

This current atlas is a good price and should be considered. I just ordered mine.