Re: A new Vixen eyepeice

Ted Forte

Lucky you Ian – my eyes barely make it to 3mm – scotch or no scotch.

Ted

From: BackBayAstro@groups.io <BackBayAstro@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ian Stewart
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 9:47 AM
To: BackBayAstro@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BackBayAstro] A new Vixen eyepeice

20mm would be wasted on my poor old eyes - 6mm if I'm lucky and haven't had a scotch.

On 3/1/2021 11:36 AM, Kent Blackwell wrote:

Vixen Optics has a new eyepiece; a 100mm focal length. Wow, no kidding! That would be 35x in my 25" f/5, or 12x in my Orion 10" f/4., both yielding a 20mm exit pupil. Anyone out there have pupils that open to 20mm? Let me know if so.
Check it out on the B& H Photo site, 79 bucks shipped.. I broke up laughing at the apparent field of view spec. You've got to hand it to Vixen, the same company that brought you a 1.6mm focal length eyepiece (2187x in the 25") now brings you a 100mm.

Kent