Newsletter Input

Richard W Roberts

Astro-buddies,

I'm looking to re-start the BBAA newsletter and publish on a quarterly schedule. I'm going to produce one in March and continue on from there.

I need your help!

Please send me your best astro-photos and a description how you pulled it off.

Please send me write-ups about our public events, such as the great conjunction.

Have your performed a DiY project recently?

Do you have a white whale out there that you've long tried to observe only to be twarted, or maybe you finally conquered it after years of struggle?

If so, please share!

I'd also interested in putting together observer profiles which will help us all get to know each other better and where our individual expertise lies.

If you'd be willing, send me an email answering some or all of the following question. Feel free to add anything else relevant. If you don't want to type all that up but rather talk it out. That's cool too. Let me know and I'll set up an interview either by phone or zoom.

- tell us how you got started, what piqued your interest in astronomy.
- Describe your equipment, what's your dream set-up.
- what's your favorite object, the thing you keep going back to.
- why did you join the BBAA? What events do you like to attend or what would you like us to add?
- Any tips that only you know?
- If not observing, what else do you like to do?
- Who are some people who helped you along the way
- Are you involved with any other astronomy related organizations? what do you like about them?
- What's your proudest accomplishment?

These are some example questions, but feel free to share what else you'd like to share.

If you'd like to contribute, please send an e-mail to editor@...

Thanks again!
Rich Roberts (RRIA)