From: Night Sky Network <nightskynetwork@...>
To: "pathfinder027@..." <pathfinder027@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021, 01:13:15 PM EST
Subject: Tonight! NSN Webinar Series: Darkness In Distress

From: nightskyinfo@... Tonight! Webinar Series: Darkness In Distress with Kelly Beatty

Join the NASA Night Sky Network tonight, Thursday, January 28, at 6:00pm Pacific Time (9:00pm Eastern) when Kelly Beatty will lead a discussion about the impact of light pollution on both society and our ability to view the night sky.

Light pollution is pervasive, and few of us can enjoy a star-spangled night sky any longer, thanks to the glowing pall caused by all the lights that line roadways, parking lots, and backyards. Fortunately, the spread of light pollution can be halted and even reversed. Join Sky & Telescope’s Kelly Beatty as he discusses how we can safely light up our homes, businesses, and communities without wasting energy, disturbing the neighbors, or creating an unhealthy environment for humans and wildlife.

Registration Information: NSN members can register to join tonight's webinar via the following link on Zoom.  An automatic reminder will be sent one hour before the event, and you can join a few minutes before the official start  time: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3OLRWWieTbqpTVgtbtXqEw

The webinar registration link will give you access to the live video webinar, as well as a backup call-in number and code just in case your computer experiences connection issues.

A livestream will also be available to everyone via the Night Sky Network YouTube channel.
Livestreamhttps://youtu.be/_udmZngg9hg

Further Information

Find additional info about tonight's webinar on this resource page (NSN login required): https://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/download-view.cfm?Doc_ID=684

The recording will be uploaded both there and to the NSN YouTube page for folks that are unable to attend this evening's session. If you experience problems you can also find the live event streamed there, but priority will be given to questions asked in the Zoom Q&A windows: https://www.youtube.com/NASANightSkyNetwork

Information about past and upcoming webinars, as well as links to recordings, can be found on our webinar feature page, posted below tonight's speaker information:
https://nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov/news-display.cfm?News_ID=707

To ensure delivery of these webinar alerts to your inbox, as well as notices from your local astronomy club, please add nightskynetwork@... to your address book or whitelist.

UNSUBSCRIBE INFORMATION: You are subscribed for emails from the NSN system as a member of your astronomy club.  Update your email preferences by logging into your account on nightsky.jpl.nasa.gov and selecting "My Profile" to adjust what you receive. You can also unsubscribe by sending an email to nightskyinfo@... with the subject "unsubscribe."