Re: Skywatch tonight

vp

We were glad to have you at Skywatch, Jonathan.  I'm glad you got to look through other members' scopes and talk to them.  I'm sorry I didn't get to interact with you very much.  I hope to see you at a lot of our events in the future.  Welcome to the club!

George
On September 13, 2020 9:59 AM Jonathan Scheetz <jonathan@...> wrote:

I had a great time at the watch last night.  Thanks to everyone for letting me look through your scopes.  Dark Skies do make a difference - I saw many things with my scope last night that I haven't been able to see from home.
I was thrilled to be able to see some markings on mars and to make out the very small polar ice cap.  Best viewing of the Andromeda galaxy so far.  The double cluster looked fantastic in my 2" 40mm EP.
A lot of unexpected views last night - like seeing the blue snowball nebula thru Stan's 10 inch dob.
I enjoyed the evening very much.
I am retired now and hope to spend more time participating the group and learning more about Astronomy.

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator