Re: Skywatch tonight

Jonathan Scheetz

I had a great time at the watch last night.  Thanks to everyone for letting me look through your scopes.  Dark Skies do make a difference - I saw many things with my scope last night that I haven't been able to see from home.
I was thrilled to be able to see some markings on mars and to make out the very small polar ice cap.  Best viewing of the Andromeda galaxy so far.  The double cluster looked fantastic in my 2" 40mm EP.
A lot of unexpected views last night - like seeing the blue snowball nebula thru Stan's 10 inch dob.
I enjoyed the evening very much.
I am retired now and hope to spend more time participating the group and learning more about Astronomy.