Re: Need just a little mentoring

vp

Anthony,

Wait a few days until the Moon gets out of the region of Sagittarius, and you won't have to deal with the flare.

I never used to pay attention to the phases and rise/set times of the Moon until I got into amateur astronomy.  YOu can keep track of the Moon's "schedule" at the USNO Data Services website and get the rise and set times of the sun and moon for one day and you can see and download tables of sun, moon, and twilight schedules for an entire year.

One day:

Whole year:

Other:

George
On August 30, 2020 7:29 AM Stu Beaber <wd4sel@...> wrote:

Anthony...welcome to the world of astroimaging...You just solved possibly your first of about a gazillion things that can go wrong while trying to take a deep sky picture of the heavens...enjoy your journey.

Stu

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 11:13 PM Anthony Abby < anthony.j.abby@...> wrote:
Through a LOT of experimentation Wednesday night and especially tonight I can now state with complete confidence that the flaring issue is the moon.  I've been trying to capture the Eagle Nebula area and the moon is just too bright.  After initial, additional experimentation earlier tonight I could see the flaring.  When I swap to the North American Nebula area no flaring.  Until I learn to deal with the moon, I'll just not shoot anywhere near its direction when its up.

George Reynolds
VP, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
BBAA
Outreach Coordinator