Need just a little mentoring

Anthony Abby

Good morning everyone!  Haven't met most of you yet, but hopefully will soon.  I've always been interested in Astronomy.  It's fascinating and I'm enjoying learning.

I'm also very interested in Astrophotography.  I don't just want to view stellar objects, I want to capture them and continue to admire what I've seen.  And here's the ask..... is there anyone here than maybe wouldn't mind me asking questions about astrophotography?  Mostly about exposure at the moment?  Just when I think I understand what I should be doing, and why, I end up wasting an entire evening of exposures.  Like I did last night.  I'm missing something important, evidently.  And I'd really like to figure out what that is.