Re: Important Product Safety Notification Regarding Your Amazon.com Order #111-4255027-3969033

vabeachdave

Just walk outside and test them the next time the sun comes out. You don't need a certification at this point.

On Aug 12, 2017 3:34 PM, "RapidEye RapidEye.US@... [backbayastro]" <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Not particular helpful at this point.

I did my homework and bought what was claimed to be CE and ISO certified glasses.
Only thing I can guess is that Amazon wasn't able to get paperwork from the vendor to support their claims.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Kayce Cover synalia@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:54 AM, RapidEye RapidEye.US@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Here is a scary email (and an untimely one). - just read below.

I ordered plastic eclipse glasses and paper eclipse glasses from Amazon back in June knowing that they would be harder to get the closer we got to Aug 21st.

So today I get 2 emails from Amazon saying that they can't confirm that either the plastic ones or the paper ones are safe to use and are refunding my money.

Here is the first rub....
The plastic ones don't have any CE or ISO stamps or certification listed on the actual glasses, just in the description of the items on Amazon.  I was dubious, but they had it listed all over the item description that they were certified.

The paper ones have both CE and ISO certification listed right on the glasses themselves.  Seriously - they are listing them as certified but Amazon is saying they can't confirm it.

Now, here I am 9 days before the eclipse and no glasses that I can trust.
At this point, I really don't care about the money.  I just hacks me off that I planned ahead and now am getting this thrown at me last minute.

This really sucks.