Re: Important Product Safety Notification Regarding Your Amazon.com Order #111-4255027-3969033

vabeachdave

Just walk outside and test them the next time the sun comes out. You don't need a certification at this point. 

On Aug 12, 2017 3:34 PM, "RapidEye RapidEye.US@... [backbayastro]" <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Not particular helpful at this point.

I did my homework and bought what was claimed to be CE and ISO certified glasses.
Only thing I can guess is that Amazon wasn't able to get paperwork from the vendor to support their claims.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Kayce Cover synalia@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Best wishes,
Kayce

Kayce Cover,
Syn Alia Training Systems http://synalia.com

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:54 AM, RapidEye RapidEye.US@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Here is a scary email (and an untimely one). - just read below.

I ordered plastic eclipse glasses and paper eclipse glasses from Amazon back in June knowing that they would be harder to get the closer we got to Aug 21st.

So today I get 2 emails from Amazon saying that they can't confirm that either the plastic ones or the paper ones are safe to use and are refunding my money.

Here is the first rub....
The plastic ones don't have any CE or ISO stamps or certification listed on the actual glasses, just in the description of the items on Amazon.  I was dubious, but they had it listed all over the item description that they were certified.

The paper ones have both CE and ISO certification listed right on the glasses themselves.  Seriously - they are listing them as certified but Amazon is saying they can't confirm it.

Now, here I am 9 days before the eclipse and no glasses that I can trust. 
At this point, I really don't care about the money.  I just hacks me off that I planned ahead and now am getting this thrown at me last minute.

This really sucks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM
Subject: Important Product Safety Notification Regarding Your Amazon.com Order #111-4255027-3969033

Hello,

We’re writing to provide you with important safety information about the eclipse products you purchased on Amazon (order #111-4255027-3969033 for Solar Eclipse Glasses | CE and ISO Tested | Safe Solar Viewing | Flexible Paper Glasses | Family Size Pack [Protect Your Eyes]).

To protect your eyes when viewing the sun or an eclipse, NASA and the American Astronomical Society (AAS) advise you to use solar eclipse glasses or other solar filters from recommended manufacturers.  Viewing the sun or an eclipse using any other glasses or filters could result in loss of vision or permanent blindness.

Amazon has not received confirmation from the supplier of your order that they sourced the item from a recommended manufacturer.  We recommend that you DO NOT use this product to view the sun or the eclipse.

Amazon is applying a balance for the purchase price to Your Account (please allow 7-10 days for this to appear on Your Account).  There is no need for you to return the product. You can view your available balance and activity here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/gc/balance/

For more information about safely viewing a solar eclipse please see the NASA and AAS websites.

If you purchased this item for someone else, please pass along this information to the recipient.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.