From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...]
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:54 AM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: [backbayastro] Re: Eclipse reservation

I have Reservations in SC, but I'm considering Casper WY or even a Royal Caribbean Cruise. The problem is I can't get a 100% guarantee the ship will be exactly on the path. The organizers say yes but there is nothing on Royal Caribbean's site that guarantees that. I think the ship makes that trip anyway, they're just altering their course off the coast of SC. With 5000 passengers it would be a hoot. My guess is most would not be eclipse chasers.

OK, with that being said, I want to tell you in all my years looking at the sun I have never seen it so devoid of any sunspots or prominences, at least for such a long stretch of time. Let's hope things pick up by August.

I really believe what I have said to several of you. We'll all be in the path of totality but don't panic for space for a place to see it. The general public wouldn't drive 20 miles to the path. I was at a picnic this weekend talking about it. NO ONE said they'd be willing to go to the totality path. Well, that's feeling; amybe I'm wrong.

I will say this, I've chased 14 total eclipses and EVERYONE who witnesses one asks, "Where's the next one."

Kent Blackwell Sound