Re: Aldebaran Disappeared Last Night

Paul

Hey Roy,

Hope you both are doing well. I watched a handful of the "pre-show" stars get occulted and enjoyed helping my daughter watch one through my scope. Later I saw Aldeberan blink out in my 7x35 binoculars. Like you, the Moon went behind the trees around my home and made it impossible to see the reappearance.

- Paul

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 12:31 PM, 'Roy Diffrient' mail@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Anyone else see the occultation last night?  I only caught the disappearance behind the dark limb of the moon at 11:06 pm.  The reappearance was too deep in the trees here by 11:37 or so.  Anyway it was fun to see the bright star suddenly wink out while I was watching with stabilized Canon 10x30 bino’s.