Re: Green Flash

RapidEye

I saw it once from the deck of the Disney Magic down in the Bahamas a couple of years ago during a Christmas cruise.
Jenna and I were playing foosball and we stopped to watch the sunset just in time to catch the green flash.
I spent the next 4 nights with my camera trying to see it again, with no luck.
Photos don't really do it justice - seeing the transition from deep red to green is really remarkable.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 1:07 PM, 'Charles JAGOW' chuck@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

I have seen the green flash through a periscope down in the Bahamas near St. Croix. At the time we didn't know what it was. Circa 1982/1983.

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
Rott'n Paws Observatory | N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512