Re: Eclipse watch at the Chesapeake Planetarium

Richard <rzimmeriii@...>

Hope the weather holds. This will be our first event and are brining our scope.

Richard Zimmerman

On Sep 24, 2015, at 8:14 PM, kent@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

We still are planning on sharing views with the public Sunday night September 27 at the Chesapeake Planetarium, 301 Shea Drive, Cheasapeake, VA.

Time:
7:00 pm telescope setup time
8:00 - midnight the public is invited

We will be contacting the TV stations, Chesapeake schools and the newspaper so expect large crowds. We had a capacity crowd of 110 for our public show Thursday night, a program about the eclipse.

Bring your telescope. Shea Drive in front of the planetarium will be closed to vehicular traffic so there will be plenty of room for us.

Let's hope the weather cooperates. You can contact me or call our planetarium "Star Line" number at 757-547-STAR to confirm. I'll also keep you updated on this Yahoo Groups site.

Kent Blackwell
Email: Kent at Exis.net