Re: North American/Pelican area in wide field Ha

bob414

You may want to consider a custom part from one of the local 3D printing services in the area.  If you can design it?

Bob

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...]
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:36 PM
To: 'Stu Beaber' wd4sel@... [backbayastro]
Subject: RE: [backbayastro] North American/Pelican area in wide field Ha

I'm looking at options to adapt an ASI174MM to Nikon F mount lenses. The len's required flange focal distance is 46.5mm. The ASI174 sensor to flange distance is ~17mm. Most solutions I'm finding are expensive (i.e. preciseparts and  geoptik) and don't leave any room for adding a filter wheel. I have a salvaged F mount that can be McGyvered onto an appropriate T2 extension adapter. A variable T2 adapter would be ideal but the range would have to rather small ~1-20mm or so. What lens and adapters are you using?

It would be awesome to be able to get these two items together!

Thanks.

Ciao,

Mel