Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:35 PM
Subject: RE: [backbayastro] North American/Pelican area in wide field Ha

I'm looking at options to adapt an ASI174MM to Nikon F mount lenses. The len's required flange focal distance is 46.5mm. The ASI174 sensor to flange distance is ~17mm. Most solutions I'm finding are expensive (i.e. preciseparts and  geoptik) and don't leave any room for adding a filter wheel. I have a salvaged F mount that can be McGyvered onto an appropriate T2 extension adapter. A variable T2 adapter would be ideal but the range would have to rather small ~1-20mm or so. What lens and adapters are you using?

It would be awesome to be able to get these two items together!

Thanks.

Ciao,
Mel