Re: Fw: IDA Names 1st Dark Sky Nation

RapidEye

And guess who will have frequent visits from a fellow Coloradan that has a pappillon that loves star parties! =-)

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM, 'Charles JAGOW' chuck@... [backbayastro] <backbayastro@...> wrote:

Does anyone know who are the two towns who share a border who were BOTH designated as IDA Dark Sky Communities this year?

If you guessed Westcliffe and Silvercliff COLORADO you would be correct. Guess who grew up in Westcliffe? Next hint, who is going to move to the Westcliffe area and retire on their ranch at Verde Mont Observatory? Last hint, he maintains the Rott'n Paws Observatory in Greenbrier in Chesapeake!!!!!

Treasurer - Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
Rott'n Paws Observatory | N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512