Re: Comet C/2012 K1 PANSTARRS

Paul

I was able to view (just barely) PANSTARRS w/ my 8" scope from Yorktown, even with the Full Moon. Thanks for the suggestion. Hope to check it out again along with Jacques next new moon. Puppis is too low at my house and it is also made more difficult to see by the air force base sky glow.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM, <kent@...> wrote:

Puppis was behind a tree for me last night but no doubt both should be visible even from light-polluted skies with a moderate size telescope. C/2012 K1 PANSTARRS was easily visible from my driveway in Virginia Beach with the nearly full moon just rising. I can't wait to see them in a dark sky when the moon gets out of the way.