Re: Nice classic dob for sale due to downsizing.

bob414

Congratulation Leigh Anne sounds like you got a fantastic deal on a great scope.  Too bad about the new scope curse of bad weather after acquisition.

The way the weather has been this winter, looks like everybody updated this winter.  Lots of clouds, come in those shipping boxes.

Bob

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of Leigh Anne Lagoe
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:19 PM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Nice classic dob for sale due to downsizing.

So, I can't play with the telescope yet, but I can at least try to figure out how to plug in the heater. ;)  

Once I get a 12 volt battery, what sort of adapters will I need to hook it up?  I'm trying to figure it all out online, but I figured I'd ask the experts.  

I have 2 RCA jacks - one coming from the secondary mirror and one from the Telrad (There'll probably be a third once I get a heater for the eyepiece). Is there a specific adapter I should be looking for that will hook up to the battery?

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:40 PM, Jim Tallman <jctallman@...> wrote:

CONGRATS LEIGH ANNE!

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of lalagoe@...
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:10 AM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Nice classic dob for sale due to downsizing.

I'm not sure I'm ready for setting circles yet... I'm not even sure what I'd use them for. haha.  But I'll remember to hit you up for instructions!

Thanks again, Mark!!  I haven't even used it yet, and I LOVE it!!  And thanks for the tutorials on mirror cleaning, collimating (I do have a collimating cap), and everything else you taught me today.

Now these clouds just need to go away.

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.