Anyone catch Mars last night?

Paul

Last night I had the best view of Mars that I've had since 2012. The Polar cap was small, but pretty easy to see. A dark Mare in the North was prominent (I think Mare Acidalium) and I could see two distinct dark patches in the south which I believe after consulting my skytools map are Margaritifer Sinus and Sinus Sabaeus.

The views of Mars should be getting better in the coming weeks, although I am concerned that this time around prime Mars season coincides with prime pollen season!

Saturn looked impressive as well, but was a little mushy on account of being so low. The rings are tilted quite bit. It has been very interesting to watch them change over the 4+ years since I've had my scope. When I got it, they were nearly edge on.