Cosmos

George Reynolds

I watched my recording of last Sunday's inaugural episode of the new Cosmos series.  It wasn't too bad.  My favorite part was in the final minutes of the show, when Neil DeGrasse Tyson showed the diary of Carl Sagan from 1975, when he gave 17-year-old Neil a personal tour of his lab at Ithaca, NY College, and gave Neil an autographed book, which inspired the man who is now head of the Hayden Planetarium in New York, and who has become a popularizer of astronomy and science, as Sagan once was.