Re: Day Light Standard Time

bob414

Were you trying for the Cat’s Eye Nebula?

Bob

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of George Reynolds
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 11:22 PM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Day Light Standard Time

Chuck, your story got me laughing out loud!  (LOL for sure!)

George

George Reynolds

"Solar System Ambassador" for South Hampton Roads, Virginia

Back Bay Amateur Astronomers (BBAA) 
http://www.backbayastro.org

To: backbayastro@...
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:31 AM
Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Day Light Standard Time

Dale,

The NCRR reference has nothing to do with BBAA or astronomy. You would think I would learn from previous experience, but I volunteered to do the newsletter for my shooting club, Norfolk County Rifle Range and the 1495 is my membership number to that club, important when I send emails to/from those members.

And to be clear, there are NO - no-bodyies in the BBAA.

And Rott'n Paws is no more than a garden shed with a roll-off roof, 6x8' which is big enough for me, a scope, a laptop and an observing buddy (dog or cat, depends on who What's Her Name sends out after me).

Let me tell the story of a piss-poor imaging session that the mount would not track, it was set just so that the guide scope was just barely pointing above the roof line and the damn cat was walking back and forth across the roof line and sometimes laying right in front of the guidescope. This kept my guideing software somewhat perplexed and I could not understand it and it drove me nuts for about an hour or so until I noticed the beast up there. As soon as I shooed him away, the guiding issues cleared right up. But by then it was time to come in...

v/r
Chuck Jagow
NCRR #1495 & Newsletter Editor
VP Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
Rott'n Paws Observatory
N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Dale [mailto:vbstargazer@...]
>Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 09:08 AM
>To: backbayastro@...
>Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Day Light Standard Time
>
>The DST BENEFITS those of us on the DAWN patrol, It stays darker longer than it was and I now have an extra HOUR of darkness before I have to start getting ready
> to go fishing, or bicycle riding, or setting up a solar scope on the boardwalk, or maybe something like, taking a NAP.
>Dale
>NCC#1701 & Newsletter Reader
>nobody BBAA
>Stargazer Shed in backyard
>N36W76 close enough
>
>
>
>From: Charles JAGOW
>Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 8:58 AM
>To: backbayastro@...
>Subject: [backbayastro] Day Light Standard Time
>
>
>
>For everyone (including me) who was whining about the dreaded Daylight Savings time robbing us of an hour of night time.
>
>The DST BENEFITS those of us on the DAWN patrol, It stays darker longer than it was and I now have an extra HOUR of darkness before I have to start getting ready for work!
>
>Join the DAWN Patrol and celebrate!
>
>v/r
>Chuck Jagow
>NCRR #1495 & Newsletter Editor
>VP Back Bay Amateur Astronomers
>Rott'n Paws Observatory
>N36:46:23.281 W076:13:31.512
>
>
>
>

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.