Re: Survey: 1 in 4 Americans think the Sun goes around the Earth

bob414

We know the earth is round from the good book.

The Lord promised that good and faithful women could be found in all four corners of the earth.  The He made the Earth round and laughed and laughed.

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of LambuLambu@...
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 1:16 AM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: Re: [backbayastro] RE: Survey: 1 in 4 Americans think the Sun goes around the Earth

Well, actually...  while we have been to the Moon, the Earth is, in reality a flat disc, which is balanced on the backs of four huge elephants which, in turn, stand on the back of a supergiant turtle known as Great A'Tuin as he flies gracefully through space.

Dino.

-----Original Message-----
To: backbayastro <backbayastro@...>
Sent: Sat, Feb 15, 2014 6:59 pm
Subject: RE: [backbayastro] RE: Survey: 1 in 4 Americans think the Sun goes around the Earth

It is flat…and we have never been to the moon either.

Jim

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of nranderson.deepskyobserver@...
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:26 PM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: [backbayastro] RE: Survey: 1 in 4 Americans think the Sun goes around the Earth

I saw this article before Roy even posted it and figured: "Oh great, another bogus survey. There's no way this could be true!" Based on what I'm hearing, this is actually legitimate?!?! Seriously??? While we're at it, is the Earth flat too??

I think I'll have to refuse to believe this just to spare my mind the insanity.

-Nick Anderson

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.