Re: RASC Handbook

bob414

Put me down for one, will paypal when total is determined.

Bob Beuerlein

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of George Reynolds
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:24 PM
To: group backbayastro
Subject: [backbayastro] RASC Handbook

It's that time of year again!  When an astronomer starts to think about NEXT YEAR and the new Observer's Handbook of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada (RASC).

Every year we take orders for the RASC Handbook, an excellent guide to what is coming up each day of each month of the year.  Also, the handbook contains a wealth of information about the Sun, Moon, Planets, Comets, Meteors, and astronomy in general.  It is a wonderful reference tool.

The price has not changed from last year.  If a person in the USA wants to order just ONE handbook, it will cost him or her $38.20 -- That includes $27.95 for the book and $10.25 shipping.  Ouch!  That's why we get together and order in bulk.  If up to nine people order, the cost comes down to $27 per handbook.  If we get ten or more to order, the cost drops to $24 per handbook, like it was last year.

So, who would like to order the 2014 edition of the RASC Observer's Handbook?  I will be taking orders all through October, and would like to place the order before Thanksgiving, to ensure that your handbook arrives before January 1st.

Please let me know if you want a copy.  Payment in advance would be nice, either by cash, check, or PayPal to pathfinder027@....