Re: Swiffer my primary mirror

jimcoble2000

The best way is with compressed air. Now if it requires cleaning that is something different. Not hard but if ti comes to that I can tell you how to do it more or less easily.

From: LeighAnne
To: backbayastro@...
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:08 AM
Subject: [backbayastro] Swiffer my primary mirror

Is there a quick and easy way to dust off the primary mirror?

The instructions for my Orion XT8 classic dob tell me to remove the primary mirror and soak it soapy water and alcohol and wipe clean with cotton balls. Sounds like too opportunities to screw up, scratch and/or drop my mirror. I'm scared.

Isn't there a Swiffer for primary mirrors? HA!