From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of LeighAnne
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:09 AM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: [backbayastro] Swiffer my primary mirror

Is there a quick and easy way to dust off the primary mirror?

The instructions for my Orion XT8 classic dob tell me to remove the primary mirror and soak it soapy water and alcohol and wipe clean with cotton balls. Sounds like too opportunities to screw up, scratch and/or drop my mirror. I'm scared.

Isn't there a Swiffer for primary mirrors? HA!