Re: Mars Landing Sunday night (Early Monday morning)

bob414

I covered my family of 3 with my taxes.  If I could direct where my taxes went, I would of given more.

Bob B

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of kevin.weiner@...
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 4:29 PM
To: backbayastro@...
Cc: bob414
Subject: RE: [backbayastro] Re: Mars Landing Sunday night (Early Monday morning)

Minor correction:

I like your math, and I wish it was true...

There were about 102,198,697 tax payers when this was funded. So the math is closer to $24.46 per tax payer. Even if you use today’s numbers, there are about 114,099,300 tax payers putting the amount at about $21.91 per tax payer. If you factor in the value of a dollar today as compared to when this was funded, and the interest on the loans by the time this is paid in full... in other words, get out your check book.

---- bob414 <bob414@...> wrote:
> Do the math 2.2-2.5 billion cost/300 million people in USA. About $7 or $8 and some change. But I already paid my taxes, so I am covered.
>
>
>
> Bob B
>
>
>
> From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of Mark Ost
> Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 2:48 PM
> To: backbayastro@...
> Subject: Re: [backbayastro] Re: Mars Landing Sunday night (Early Monday morning)
>
>
>
> if it crashed how much would you have owed??
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Ted Forte <tedforte511@...>
> Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 2:04 PM
> Subject: RE: [backbayastro] Re: Mars Landing Sunday night (Early Monday morning)
>
>
>
>
>
> Yes indeed! Quite an accomplishment, especially given the complexity of this mission. I watched the live stream on NASA TV (it was at a much more reasonable hour out here). Quite exciting to feel a part of it all.
>
>
>
> Ted
>
>
>
> From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of nranderson_deepskyobserver
> Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:40 PM
> Subject: [backbayastro] Re: Mars Landing Sunday night (Early Monday morning)
>
>
>
>
>
> Congratulations to Curiosity!!!
>
> -Nick Anderson
>
> --- In backbayastro@... <mailto:backbayastro%40yahoogroups.com> , George Reynolds <pathfinder027@...> wrote:
> >
> > If you live in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area of southeastern Virginia and want to watch the Mars Science Laboratory and its "Curiosity" Rover land on Mars, you can go to the Virginia Air & Space Center (VASC) in Hampton and watch it live with some of your astro-buddies. "Bird" Taylor told us at the BBAA meeting this past Thursday that VASC will be open Sunday night from 11pm until after the scheduled landing at 1:30 am, and will show NASA-TV to follow the EDL (Entry, Descent, and Landing). Take your telescope and get in free at 10pm, and set up on the 3rd floor porch for public viewing (if anyone wants to tear themselves away from NASA-TV).
> >
> >
> > George Reynolds
> >
> > "Solar System Ambassador" for South Hampton Roads, Virginia
> > Back Bay Amateur Astronomers (BBAA)
> > http://www.backbayastro.org
> >
>
>
>

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.