From: backbayastro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:backbayastro@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of wd4sel
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:58 PM
To: backbayastro@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [backbayastro] Re: Help

Chuck...I just put a photo of a handbox in the photo section that I had
laying on the shelf. I don't know what it fits...a LX200 or if it is a 497.
It looks like it has never been used...I don't even know if it works or
not...I have no Meade outfits to test with. Maybe you can ID it...

Regards,
Stu

--- In backbayastro@yahoogroups.com <mailto:backbayastro%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Chuck" <chuck@> wrote:

I bought a used Autostar 497 hand controller off of the Internet. It seems
to have a problem. It could be the attached cable, it looks a little rough.
I would like to know if anyone has a Meade Autostar 497 hand control and
cable I could use to see if it actually works on my ETX 70. The Autostar 494
hand controller works just fine. With this Autostar 497 I encounter a motor
fault after it starts to slew to the first alignment star. Like I stated, it
slews just fine with the Autostar 494, so I know there is nothing wrong with
the ETX 70.

V/R