Re: Help

bob414

I could be wrong, but I think a 497 has a full keypad, 1-9 key + 0.  A 494 has only a set of up/down/left right arrows.  Is this handset is a 497, I would be interested in purchasing it for my ETX60, if the price is right.

Bob

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of wd4sel
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:58 PM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: [backbayastro] Re: Help

Chuck...I just put a photo of a handbox in the photo section that I had laying on the shelf. I don't know what it fits...a LX200 or if it is a 497. It looks like it has never been used...I don't even know if it works or not...I have no Meade outfits to test with. Maybe you can ID it...

Regards,
Stu

--- In backbayastro@..., "Chuck" <chuck@...> wrote:
>
> I bought a used Autostar 497 hand controller off of the Internet. It seems to have a problem. It could be the attached cable, it looks a little rough. I would like to know if anyone has a Meade Autostar 497 hand control and cable I could use to see if it actually works on my ETX 70. The Autostar 494 hand controller works just fine. With this Autostar 497 I encounter a motor fault after it starts to slew to the first alignment star. Like I stated, it slews just fine with the Autostar 494, so I know there is nothing wrong with the ETX 70.
>
> V/R
>
> Chuck Jagow
>

Join BackBayAstro@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.