Re: Skywatch, 7/13/2012, 12:00 pm

bob414

You know why the Weatherman lost his job?  The weather did not agree with him.

Bob

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of jctallman@...
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 11:32 AM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: RE: [backbayastro] Skywatch, 7/13/2012, 12:00 pm

For the information of all members of this group. per the email from Kevin at the ranger station at NWRP.

Please note that I will do my best to make the call on whether or not we will have a skywatch based upon weather predictions available at noon the day of skywatch (As I did last week). I usually look at at least three different sources to make this decision. Last week all three weather guessing sources (Weather Channel, Accuweather, NOAA) said forget it at 1145 and only Clear Sky said good to go. I can't go on just one when the rest say no go as this will result in a possible waste of resources for the rangers if I guess wrong which isn't a good thing. Money is tight and things change and I can not leave our event open ended.

Anyways I want everyone to know that I wont just cancel a skywatch because I don't feel like going :) and will do everything I can to be out there if at all possible.

Jim T

---- Kevin Kaul <kkaul@...> wrote:
Please ensure that the park store is informed by noon the day of the event so that we can pass this info to the public.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Kaul

Northwest River Park