From: nranderson_deepskyobserver
To: backbayastro@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:18 AM
Subject: [backbayastro] Binocular FOV

When selecting a pair a binoculars, how much does the field of view matter? Why would I want a 7 degree FOV versus 5 degrees? Does the FOV affect light-gathering power? To me, any pair of binoculars is going to seem as a wide field of view since I'm used to only observing through a telescope.

-Nick Anderson