Re: IC 5146 (Cocoon Nebula)

garry_mitchell74

Where is the site at?  I love to go and see the cave one more time.  I have seen it with my H-Beta filter and it was interesting to say the least.  When I saw the cave I could only barely make out the top of the cave opening only.  That was a 12" LX200.  What I want to bag is Centurus A I did saw omega Centuri.  Hope this helps.

Garry Mitchell

On Jun 13, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Roy Diffrient <mail@...> wrote:

Yes, I've seen it without an H-beta filter, but just barely, in my 18" f/4.5 with a UHC filter and good conditions in my mag 5 sky (SQM 20.0). My OIII filter did not help at all, and the H-beta didn't help much either. This is a real toughie for an 8". Good luck, and let us know your results.

Roy

Sent from my iPod

=