From: nranderson_deepskyobserver <nranderson.deepskyobserver@...>
To: backbayastro@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:57 AM
Subject: [backbayastro] Re: IC 5146 (Cocoon Nebula)

For reference, the dark lane is also known as B168. It happens to be one of the required items for the AL's Dark Nebulae Program. It looks like it's a newer observing program though; no BBAA members (not even Ted) have completed this one yet.

I wonder which will be easier: the Cocoon or the dark nebula around it?

-Nick Anderson

--- In backbayastro@yahoogroups.com, Mark Ost <jimcoble2000@> wrote:

Roy, I don't know. Has anybody ever seem that dark lane? Kent or Ted?