From: Mark Ost
To: Back Bay
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2012 4:46 AM
Subject: [backbayastro] Must be a recovery

As some on this list know, I was hospitalized last week with a quite serious illness so have not been very active observing. The good news is at least I know I am on the road to recovery cause I got up this morning at 0330 to observe comet Gerrard. This would medically be concidered a positve sign (at least in non psychiatric circles). The comet is very bright and I would suspect right below naked eye visibility. Currently in Hercules. Weather for the next few days is not good for comet observation and the moon will not be too helpful but the comet should show even through a waxing moon. At least the moon is in a good part of the sky for observing the comet.