Re: Makign a solar filter

bob414

I would be interested in a DIY session also.

Bob B

From: backbayastro@... [mailto:backbayastro@...] On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:31 AM
To: backbayastro@...
Subject: [backbayastro] Re: Makign a solar filter

At the January meeting there was some discussion about having a DIY Solar Filter class as a club event in anticipation of the June Venus Transit. Essentially an afternoon where folks could make their own filter with help/guidance from experienced club members who have made them before. My understanding was that the club had classes like this in the past.

Does anyone have any information on this or knowledge if this has moved beyond the idea stage? I'm looking to make a DIY filter for my 8" Dob, and would definitely appreciate all the help I can get to ensure I do it properly.

Thanks,

Paul