Re: Back Bay NWR Open House April 30

gerlach.mark

I will be at Tuckahoe. But I agree that someone should check it out.
Any volunteers?

/\\ark G.

--- In backbayastro@..., George Reynolds <pathfinder027@...> wrote:

Some of you may remember several years ago when Bruce, Dale, and I attended an
open meeting to discuss public use of the Back Bay Nitional Wildlife Refuge.
Also, at one of the school scinece nights several years ago, a park ranger from
BBNWR and False Cape State Park said astronomers would be welcome to come there
and observe; that they even have a building where we could stay overnight.
IIRC, we never followed up on that invitation.

Well, they have made some improvements, and have built a new admin building, and
the Back Bay National Wildife Refuge is holding an Open House on Saturday, April
30, from 1 to 5 PM.  They are located at 1324 Sandbridge Road, at the corner of
Sandbridge and Lotus Drive.  For more information, call the Refuge at
757-301-7329.

I will be out of town that weekend, but it might be nice if some of our BBAA
members could attend the Open House and report back to the rest of us at the
next club meeting, May 5th.

Just a suggestion....

Secretary, Back Bay Amateur Astronomers (BBAA)