From: Gillian Mangin <Gillian.Mangin@...>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 11:18
Subject: Regenerative Farming Practices - research fund
To: Dennis Enright (nzbiocharltd@...) <nzbiocharltd@...>, Trevor Richards <trevor@...>, Lunsford, Jessica <Jessica.Lunsford@...>
Cc: M.Camps@... <M.Camps@...>, Peter Winsley (peterwinsnz@...) <peterwinsnz@...>, phil@... <phil@...>

Kia ora koutou

This is a significant new fund for projects that can be underway by June. So early applications are sought. I think that research proposals to demonstrate the possibilities of biochar in the New Zealand agricultural and horticultural sector would fit this bill.  The focus is on using scientific methods and it would be great to see some biochar research proposals in the mix.

Could you please share this link with anyone in your networks you think might be interested in putting together a project.

The Regenerative farming practices new web page is now live https://www.mpi.govt.nz/funding-rural-support/sustainable-food-fibre-futures/regenerative-farming-practices-project with calls for new projects to investigate regenerative farming practices.

Proposals must demonstrate:

  • how you will develop a sound evidence base to test and confirm what works in New Zealand soils, climates, and farming systems
  • what scientific methodology you will use
  • how you will communicate your findings to farmers.
  • Give the SFF Futures team a call if you would like to discuss your idea. Email sff.futures@.... Freephone 0800 00 83 33

Ngā mihi

Gillian Mangin | Senior Policy Analyst, Co-lead, Primary Industry Advisory Services

Adaptive Farming and Communities | Policy & Trade Branch

Ministry for Primary Industries - Manatū Ahu Matua

21 Domett Street, Ahuriri, Napier | PO Box 12034 | Napier 4144 | New Zealand
Telephone: 64-6 974 8811 | Mobile: 029-974 8811 | Web: www.mpi.govt.nz

Follow MPI
Twitter iconLI iconYouTube icon

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This email message and any attachment(s) is intended solely for the addressee(s)
named above. The information it contains may be classified and may be legally
privileged. Unauthorised use of the message, or the information it contains,
may be unlawful. If you have received this message by mistake please call the
sender immediately on 64 4 8940100 or notify us by return email and erase the
original message and attachments. Thank you.

The Ministry for Primary Industries accepts no responsibility for changes
made to this email or to any attachments after transmission from the office.

Trevor Richards

First the above and now this AgMARDT initiative looks like a good funding punt. I'm working on my pet biochar project list.
Do we need a discussion on a strategy for planning & resourcing funding applications?