Welcome to the Quorum Sense Network #RegenerativeAg #marketing

Trevor Richards

The new QS newsletter may be a good model for a BNNZ newsletter?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Quorum Sense <contact@...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 06:22
Subject: Welcome to the Quorum Sense Network
To: <trevor@...>

Supporting regenerative farm systems and vibrant rural communities

Welcome to Quorum Sense

It has been an exciting 18 months of growth for the Quorum Sense network! It's inspiring to see so many farmers across the country learning, sharing and trialling different ideas looking to improve their systems.

Our Facebook Group has been growing rapidly and is incredibly active, however we know that social media doesn't work for everybody and it's easy to miss things.

This newsletter is to help keep you connected, intrigued and inspired with what's happening in the Quorum Sense network and with other regenerative agriculture initiatives. Below are a few highlights from the last few months and a teaser about what's in the pipeline...

Forward this email to your friends and colleagues and they can subscribe here.
Stories in the news

There has been a growing wave of innovative farmers being featured in the news recently. We are collecting the stories on our Media Page, but here are some recent highlights.

Regeneration in the NZ National Geographic

Check out this feature article in the latest NZ National Geographic asking the question 'Does Regenerative Agriculture live up to the hype?'

Read it here »

How a South Otago Dairy Farmer Learned to Trust his Instincts

Part three of a regenerative agriculture feature series by Pure Advantage.

Read it here »

Building a Regenerative Future

A Farmers Weekly article including Allan Richardson and how regenerative approaches are help take his organic system to a new level.

Read it here »

Upcoming Events
Quorum Exchange
Friday 24th July, Gore
'More grass, less mud'

Presentations and discussions will cover a diversity of tools and practices these farmers have been developing to improve performance, profitability and reduce environmental risk, including alternative wintering solutions.

Register here »

Quorum Sense YouTube Highlights

The Quorum Sense YouTube Channel is growing fast and now features an exciting range of presentations and webinars with farmers, scientists and practitioners!
Hamish Bielski was one of many farmers from the Quorum Sense network to speak at the ODPG conference in March.

Check out his presentation

Learn about the potential of soil microbes to help grow healthy and productive crops with minimal inputs, with molecular biologist Dr David Johnson.

Watch it here »

See more on the Quorum Sense YouTube Channel
What's in the pipeline?

The Quorum Sense network continues to grow at an ever increasing pace, as does the growing number of regenerative initiatives both in NZ & globally.

Our focus is first and foremost on supporting farmers and rural communities to share knowledge and ideas about regenerative farm systems and practices, with an emphasis on peer-to-peer learning. We have just secured some funding to help us support more online and community activities across the country (announcement coming soon!).

We are also working with Dr Gwen Grelet and others on future science & innovation projects that Quorum Sense would like to partner with... Exciting times ahead!

A big thanks to everyone who has been involved, helped out and/or donated seed funding to help us get to this point. We will be in touch again soon!

P.S. If you're in the lower south island, get along to our event above in a couple of weeks!
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook
Visit our website Visit our website
Drop us an email Drop us an email
Copyright © Quorum Sense. All rights reserved.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Dennis

Thanks Trevor,
Certainly worth looking at.

+64 (0)22 6784396
www.nzbiocharltd.co.nz

Biochar, for sustainable soil management and carbon sequestration