A group devoted to all subjects connected with the shipping company British India Steam Navigation, or BI. BI was formed in 1856 and remained one of the largest companies in the British mercantile marine until it was finally entirely absorbed into P&O in 1972. This group is primarily a discussion and contact point for former BI staff and staff of associate and partner firms (such as Mackinnon Mackenzie and Marconi) and immediate family members. Click here to go to the separate BIship website which contains more information. The only way to join the BI group is to first complete the application form on the main BI site. On acceptance, you will receive directions on how to complete sign-up.
- 296 Members
- 441 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.